Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Free at Last?

After the last document was signed at the closing and we received our "Congratulations!" from the 15 people sitting at the table, I turned to Jess and said, "Let's go free those pocket doors." We'd been dreaming about this, literally, for weeks. The day before the closing Jess told me, "This is sick, I had a dream about those doors." She's right, of course, we are sick. And naive.

After we sped to the house, Jess readied her camera as I removed a strip of carpet - they were not used since that bile-colored carpet was put in 50 or 60 years ago - and I enthusiastically pulled the doors open....about 4" until they got stuck. No matter, we would go to the other set in the dining room! Again, one won't even come out and the other won't move beyond a few inches. It took me all of 14 minutes to confirm my suspicions that nothing is going to be easy in this house.

On a side note, Jess did tell me that it is a remarkable 4".





No comments:

Post a Comment